Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we must inform staff what data we hold about them. We must explain how we intend to use the data and provide information about who the data may be forwarded to. Please see our statement below .
The Data Protection Act 1998: How we use your information
We process personal data relating to those we employ to work at, or otherwise engage to work at, our school. This is for employment purposes to assist in the running of the school and/or to enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- improving the management of workforce data across the sector
- enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- allowing better financial modelling and planning
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- supporting the work of the School Teachers’ Review Body
This personal data includes identifiers such as names and National Insurance numbers and characteristics such as ethnic group, employment contracts and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to. We are required, by law, to pass on some of this personal data to:
- our local authority
- the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how we and/or DfE store and use your personal data please visit:
If you want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the school the school directly in the first instance and we will get back to you.